Friday, January 15, 2010

Appetite Suppressants -- Don't Do It!!

Hi Ladies --



Good job on completing the first day of our fantastic Eleanore R Brainstorm Weight Loss Challenge!! Even though it's only the morning of the second day, I thought I'd "weigh in" [guffaw guffaw snort snort snuffle choke urk] to give you some extra moral support as you begin your 8 week journey.



Here it is: Okay, girls, we've all heard the warnings about diets, and appetite suppressants, and the dangers of artificial substances until it's coming out of our EARS. No, no, and NO! You know the difference between right and wrong, and I expect you to take the high road, every time. We're doing a normal kind of diet, just fewer calories and perhaps a bit more exercise, with the idea in mind of losing 1-2 lbs per week. This is supposed to be healthy, not extreme, and developing positive lifestyle and eating habits.



You know you can do it, and the rewards will be long lasting. Just imagine yourself floating around the tennis court, lighter on your feet, able to move quicker, feeling less tired. Dropping those pounds will do it for you! I guarantee it [your results may vary; objects in mirror are closer than they appear; consult your doctor before beginning any weight-loss program].... Right-y-o. There, disclaimers done.




Frankly, as for myself, I always prefer to take a natural approach to everything I do. Locally grown vegetables, no drugs or artificial supplements of any kind, and yes I do have four children and they were all planned, why do you ask?




Anyway, AS I WAS SAYING, I prefer to take a natural approach to appetite suppression, so with that in mind, I give you this:




Bear in mind this photo came up on a Flickr search for "man shirtless swimmer".

Obviously I need to refine my techniques a bit. Subsequent searches will include the words "olympic swimmer".

Good luck on moving on through days two and beyond.

Feel free to send in suggestions or appetite suppressing ideas of your own. Clever recipes will also be published. Creative thinking and useful tips welcomed!


Best, ellie

PS ... If this is one of your husbands, ladies, then I do sincerely apologize in advance. Ever so sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment